Toronto Life Insurance Broker: Tamara Humphries

Tamara Humphries headshot
Tamara Humphries will
be there for you.

According to the Toronto Star, Toronto's population has grown by 38,000 over the past 12 months, and Toronto ha overtaken Chicago as the fourth largest city in North America.

More residents means more people with insurance needs, and there's no one better to serve those in need of life insurance than LSM Insurance's Tamara Humphries. Humphries is also our Non-Medical Insurance Specialist.  Many brokers shy away from hard to insure clients because they do not want to put in the time necessary to find them the right solution.

Insurance companies are constantly changing their underwriting criteria and many companies have come out with new plans, such as Equitable Life Simplified Issue Whole Life plan for applicants 40-80.  Other carriers such as Assumption Life and Industrial Alliance are constantly refining their product portfolio.  Canada Protection Plan recently made the height and weight tables much more liberal on there Simplified Issue Term plans.  An example of this a male / female who is 5"6 can qualify for immediate issue coverage with a weight of up to 234 pounds.  Someone 6"0 can qualify at a weight up to 279 pounds.

Tamara also points out the wording of a cancer or heart related question can vary from company to company. The nuance of these differences can mean the difference between your family being protected or out in the cold.

Tamara finished her MBA at Toronto's York University, completing a double major in finance and marketing keeps on top of these changes and make sure finds the best solutions for her clients. In 1998, Tamara also completed the Certified Financial Planner designation and spent 12 years training and mentoring new advisors in the industry. She uses this experience and vast knowledge, to make sure she finds the policy that's right for you — especially if you may be difficult to insure. Tamara offers a full range of Simplified Issue and Guaranteed Issue policies.

Plus, Humphries has a stellar reputation when it comes to going the extra mile for her clients. When Carolyn Davis-Jardine's fiancé, Dan, died in a tragic accident, it was Humphries who stood in the gap on Davis-Jardine's behalf.

"Even before the trying times, Tamara was the biggest sweetheart I've ever met. She made a special financial planning book for me and Dan and told us what to put in it. She constantly would email us to say, 'How are you doing?' 'Merry Christmas,' and 'Happy Birthday,'" says Davis-Jardine.

"When this happened, she literally was there. She was so helpful to me. My brain wasn't really working at that time, but I do remember she came over and I do remember she was there to comfort me. I remember that, and I couldn't believe it."

Humphries still keeps in contact to this day, even though Davis-Jardine has moved, just to make sure things are okay in her life and to see if she needs anything.

This type of attention to details is really what separates Tamara from other brokers.  Tamara learned early in her career that delivering service above and beyond what people are expecting is really the key to growing in this business.   By exceeding client expectations you not only feel good about yourself but you make yourself more referable.  The world is filled with information people can find pages and pages of information on Term Insurance, Whole Life or Universal Life Insurance but it's the brokers ability to condense and explain this information to their clients that helps separates them from their competitors.   One of the many things Tamara does well is relate to people - she studies what advisors within the industry and outside the industry do well and not so well and helps bring that wealth of experience to the table when delivering insurance solutions.

Post sale service is also crucial.  If a client wants to change their beneficiary of their banking they don't want to be shuffled off to a call centre  where the have to wait on hold for 15 minutes and than are shuffled off to another department.  People have less time and Tamara believes in finding ways to simplify her clients lives not make things more cumbersome.  She views a client needing service as an opportunity to deliver on her promises and show what seperates her from other brokers.

To find out how the LSM Team can help call us at 1-866-899-4849, ask for our standout broker, Tamara Humphries.

Call us: 1-866-899-4849

Name *
Phone *
Your Date Of Birth
Amount of Coverage
Type
* Please Confirm Your Contact Details Are Correct

What Clients Say About LSM

life insurance testimonialsLisa Harbinson wanted a new life insurance policy for her mother Joyce. She thought...1 of 84Lisa HarbinsonRead more

72 Comments

1. Tony 10/10/2013 at 8:31 am

Can I get a quote of $300,000 Equaitable Term 20 my wife has a similar policy we took out 4 years ago. I.m 53

2. LSM Insurance 10/10/2013 at 8:55 am

We are happy yo help the premiums will be based on your age nearest age and your smoking status. We will be in touch by email. Thanks,

3. Judith 10/16/2013 at 4:27 am

Can I convert my Term 20 policy to aTerm 30 policy. I don’t want to have to go through the whole meeting with a nrse again

4. LSM Insurance 10/16/2013 at 5:25 am

Thanks Judith – most life insurance policies do not allow you to convert from a Term 20 to Term 30 life insurance without additional underwriting.

5. George R 10/30/2013 at 4:48 pm

Which company will issue a Whole Life policy on a 80 year old

6. LSM Insurance 10/30/2013 at 5:00 pm

Thanks for the note George. Depending on the 80 year old health. You have several options Wawanessa, Western Life, Manulife, BMO Insurance and Assumption Life.

7. Tom 11/07/2013 at 12:21 pm

What is meant by guaranteed renewable do I have to renew my policy or do they

8. LSM Insurance 11/07/2013 at 12:27 pm

Hi Tom, Life Insurance is a unilateral contract the insurance company has to renew per the details of your policy but you can cancel anytime.

9. Kubel 11/14/2013 at 10:11 am

I had a really sh… experience with …..

I called in to stop a payment I was told it was done and now I’m charged over $50 by the bank and insurance company.

I’m really pissed just letting others know. Be sure you get some type of confirmation or mark down who you were speaking to

10. LSM Insurance 11/14/2013 at 11:26 am

Thanks Kubel. I’m sorry to hear this. Getting a confirmation and noting who you were speaking to is good advice when dealing with life insurance or any company for that matter. Thanks again.

11. Francis 01/03/2014 at 3:51 pm

I want to look at life insurance again but I’m a little gun shy from my last experience – how can find out more or what is the best way to reach Tamara

12. LSM Insurance 01/03/2014 at 3:54 pm

Thanks Francis. You can reach Tamara via the ask us section on our website and you can also find out more on her background here link to lsminsurance.ca.

The advocis website also has an interesting article on finding the right advisor link to advocis.ca

13. Lisa 01/09/2014 at 5:35 pm

Does the conversion option on my Unity policy expire at certain point in time does it give me any special rates what is the main advantage. Ty for your help.

14. LSM Insurance 01/09/2014 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for the note Lisa. Unity Life is now Foresters and it depends on the wording of the policy. The main benefit of a conversion option is it waves the medical requirements of the insured if they want to go from Term to Permanent insurance.

15. George 03/20/2014 at 8:47 am

Any thoughts on Bill 157 and did you think it will improve things for fellow CFPs

16. LSM Insurance 03/20/2014 at 8:51 am

Hi George, Thanks, There are some goods insights on Bill 157 here link to lsminsurance.ca. Many people we’ve chatted with think the bill needs to have more teeth – there are too many exceptions.

17. Dorthy S 05/20/2014 at 1:54 pm

Hi there,

Glad to know you are a broker that is willing to go the extra mile in helping clients. I am probably a hard to insure client because I am a smoker, how will I know if the broker I have chosen is going the extra mile like Tamara in assisting me with the best possible insurance policy out there?

18. LSM Insurance 05/20/2014 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for the note. You are charged a higher premium for being a smoker but this does not make you a hard to insure client. Rates can vary widely for smokers and Tamara would be happy to review your existing plans / needs.

19. Paula 06/28/2014 at 5:49 pm

My husband had a heart attack 6 years ago I want life insurance for but no waiting period and I don’t want to spend more than $75 a month

20. LSM Insurance 06/28/2014 at 6:00 pm

Thanks Paula. The premiums will depend on his date of birth, smoking status and type of plan. If it was 6 year ago he could qualify for a Simplified Issue plan or possibly a traditional fully underwritten plan.

21. Orville 08/07/2014 at 12:52 pm

I have a an old Unity Life policy I can’t find their phone number can you help did someone purchase them

22. LSM Insurance 08/07/2014 at 12:54 pm

Hi Orville, Thanks for the note Unity Life was purchased by Foresters Life Insurance Company their contact details are here link to lsminsurance.ca

Skip to