“… We have been clients of LSM Insurance for over nine years, and we have always found the LSM team very responsive to all our insurance and financial needs…”
UNIVERSAL LIFE INSURANCE QUOTE AND EXPERT TIPS
Why Choose LSM Insurance for universal life insurance?
- We work with experienced and reputable independent brokers across Canada
- LSM Insurance is one of the most respected life insurance brokerages in Canada
- We work with more life insurance companies than the majority of brokers (15+ insurers)
- We have been serving Canadians for over 25 years
LSM Insurance is accredited by:
Get a universal life insurance quote today or ask questions
Sample Universal Life Insurance Quotes
Male, 44 years old, non-smoker, level COI, minimum funded, no serious health pre-conditions, universal life insurance policy for $200,000 coverage
$196 per month
Female, 35 years old, non-smoker, level COI, minimum funded, no serious health pre-conditions, universal life insurance policy for $500,000 coverage
$251 per month
Male, 51 years old, non-smoker, level COI, minimum funded, no serious health pre-conditions, univeral life insurance policy for $200,000 coverage
$262 per month
What is universal life insurance?
Universal life insurance is a policy that covers a policyholder as long as he/she lives. On top of being insurance, it is also a saving product because universal life insurance accumulates cash value.
It is different from whole life insurance. Universal life insurance is an “unbundled insurance.” This means you can vary your monthly deposit, choose a level or increasing death benefit option, or tailor your investment choices within a tax sheltered account.
This type of insurance was created to correct the drawbacks of whole life insurance.
When do you Need universal life insurance?
There are numerous cases in which whole life insurance is your best option:
- You want to have life-long coverage that does not expire.
- You want flexibility in monthly contributions and the ability to choose level or increasing death benefit options.
- You want a combination insurance and investment product.
- You want to decide how your investment component is invested. This policy will let you choose a savings account, GIC, or index based investments.
How Does Term Life Insurance Compare to Other Life Insurance Products?
Here is a brief comparison of how universal life insurance compares to term life insurance and whole life insurance.
|Term Life Insurance||Whole Life Insurance||Universal Life Insurance|
|Coverage length||Limited (e.g. Term 10 – coverage for 10 years)||Life long||Life long|
|Can choose amounts going into insurance and cash accumulation||No||No||Yes|
A universal life insurance policy allows you to decide if the investment portion of your monthly contribution will be invested into a savings account, GIC, or index based investments.
What are universal life insurance rates?
Universal life insurance rates vary depending on your choices – you can decide on a monthly basis how much you will contribute. Typically, universal life insurance policy rates will be higher than term life insurance’s rates since you are choosing life-long protection with the additional feature of an investment component.