Assumption LifeBack to list
President & CEO: Denis Losier
AM Best Rating: A-
Assets Under Management: $479,944,000
New Premiums Written: $67,100,000
770 Main Street
P.O. Box 160
Moncton, New Brunswick
Toll Free: 1-800-455-7337
Web Address: www.assumption.ca
* Info courtesy of AM Best's Website 2011
* Assets expressed in thousands of dollars
Assumption Life has indisputably become one of Atlantic Canada’s major insurance and financial investment companies, with more than 75,000 policies in force. It was ranked 33rd out of Atlantic Canada’s top 101 companies.
Assumption Life offers a wide range of products, including individual life insurance, group insurance (life, health, dental, disability), critical illness, travel insurances, mortgage loans, financial services, annuities and segregate funds. Louisbourg Investments is an investment management and financial planning arm aimed at institutions, companies and individual portfolio holders, managing pension plans and pooled funds tailored to individual needs.
One of Assumption Life’s specialty products is Golden Protection life insurance, designed for people between the ages of 40 to 80. It can be obtained without medical examination; the insurance amount triples in the case of accidental death on public transport, and doubles in the case of accidental death. There is even competitive rates for smokers.
The company also has a real estate management arm, Assumption Place Ltd, which operates rental space in New Brunswick. Their holdings include Commerce Houses in Moncton and Château Edmondson. Furthermore, if in need of office space, Carrefour Assomption in Edmundston is home to many business, with an ultramodern conference centre.
The company’s community involvement is impressive, including the Assumption Foundation Scholarship Fund, support of breast cancer research in partnership with the Atlantic Cancer Research Institute, investing in the community through donations and sponsorships (particularly in education and health), and holding the Bobby Orr golf tournament. The company and its employees donate to the Tree of Hope, a non-profit foundation that offers emergency assistance to families who had experienced sudden tragic losses. The company also publishes a quarterly newsletter, The Confident Times. Their head office is located in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Assumption Life News
Assumption Life Policies
1. An excellent Simplified Issue plan. Golden Protection their flagship non-medical life insurance plan is an excellent solution for individuals with health issues, especially among female non-smokers 60 years of age and up.
2. Their Flex Term policies have no medical tests on face amounts $250,000 and under. Ages 18 to 65. The plans are available on level or decreasing death benefit basis and their Flex Term 15 is very competitive at most face amounts and age groups.
1. They do not offer a Universal Life policy
2. They do not offer a Critical Illness policy