Qualifying for Life Insurance with HIV or AIDS
People with AIDS or HIV
can still get insurance
Most traditional life insurance companies will not offer life insurance to people with HIV or AIDS. What they don’t tell you is, there is hope.
Applicants with HIV or AIDS have three options for qualification:
1) Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance asks no health questions and has no medical tests. The premiums on these policies generally quote high and the face amounts are limited.
2) Simplified Issue Coverage also has no medical tests and generally anywhere from three to 12 health questions can be available depending on how long ago applicant was diagnosed and the type of treatment he or she is receiving.
Below you’ll find the wording on three leading simplified issue applications for people with HIV and/or AIDS (Assumption Life and Canadian Protection Plan both recently changed the wording of the questions on their applications regarding HIV).
1. Assumption Life‘s Golden Protection, which offers coverage from day one. The question reads as follows:
“Within the past five years, has the insured tested positive for HIV or undergone treatment (including medication) for AIDS, AIDS – related complex or any other immune system disorder.”
2. Canada Protection Plan‘s Deferred Life – This policy has a limited death-benefit in the first two years to a return-of-premium plus interest and non-accidental death. The question reads:
“Within the past three years, has the insured been treated for unusual chronic infection or immune system abnormality, including HIV or AIDS.”
3. Canada Protection Plan‘s Deferred Term – This policy offers face amount as high as $100,000, but the death benefit is limited to a return-of-premium plus interest in the first two policy years. The question reads as follows:
“Within the past three years, has the insured been diagnosed or started treatment for an unusual chronic infection or immune system abnormality including HIV and/or AIDS.”
For more details, please contact us at 1-866-899-4849 or visit Non-medical Life Insurance Quote Page.