Deferred Term Life Insurance Solutions in Canada
Deferred term life insurance policies mean that the insured is covered for the length of the term, but should death occur within the first two policy years, the death benefit payment is limited to a return-of-premium plus interest.
The two primary deferred term policies providers in Canada are Industrial Alliance and Canada Protection Plan, underwritten by Foresters. Humania Assurance is another company which has made a big splash in the Simplified Issue market place. They offer immediate pay policies but have limited exclusions on pre-existing conditions
The following is a snapshot of the difference between the two carriers:
Canada Protection Plan's Deferred Term Policies
- They offer Deferred Term 10, Deferred Term 20, and Deferred Term 100 plans.
- The death benefit in the first two policy years is limited to a return-of-premium plus 3 per cent interest.
- The plan is non-renewable and non-convertible.
- Face amount levels have been increased on their deferred products effective July 2, 2013 to $150,000.
$100,000 of Deferred Term 20 coverage for a 40-year-old, male non-smoker is $465 a year.
Industrial Alliance Deferred Term Policy
- They only offer a Deferred Term 20 Policy.
- The death benefit payout if death occurs by non-accident in the first two policy years is limited to a return-of-premium plus 5 per cent interest.
- The plan is non-convertible and non-renewable.
The annual premium for a 40-year-old, male non-smoker is $475 a year.
For more details on non-medical Life Insurance in Canada, please call us at 1.866.899.4849 or visit our Non-medical Life Insurance Quote Page.