5 Traits of Successful Life Insurance Brokers
Becoming a successful insurance broker is hardly a cake walk, it takes discipline, hard work and a passion for helping people. The best of the best rise to the top and win over new clients with the following five keys to success:
- Under Promise and Over Deliver Over promising in an attempt to lure new clients is a definite "no, no." If you know a client has significant health issues, quoting them a lower than expected premium will only disappoint them and weaken your longterm relationship. I would much rather have a client pleasantly surprised by unexpected good news than agitated by crushing bad news.
- Generate Passive and Active Referrals Passive referrals are the ones that brokers get without asking for them. They require you to keep communication open with useful information on an ongoing basis and deliver service well above the competition. Active referrals are when you ask existing clients for referrals. Let them know the type of people who will find the most benefit in your services.
- Keep in Touch with Existing Clients This is not only the right thing to do, it is also the most profitable. Existing clients are the best source of new business and referrals. I like to maintain a trifecta of connection through phone, email and written communication. If you let your clients know you care, good things will happen.
- Build your alliances This will translate into more new business and build a fence around your existing clients. The best way to build a great alliance is to find out how you can help your partnering professional grow their business. If you are able to help them grow their business, they will surely return the favour.
- Maximize your time Get to the bottom of how much you make on an hourly basis, then delegate all of the administrative tasks under your hourly rate. This will free up time to concentrate on your more profitable activities.